Elvis Week is an annual week long festival held in Memphis, TN that is dedicated to the life and work of the world famous Musician/Entertainer. This year the celebration is being held August 7-16, 2015. Last year approximately 35,000 people traveled to Memphis, TN for Elvis Week Below are a list of activities to keep an eye out for if you plan on making a trip out to The "Bluff City" !
Backbeat Tours hosts the Hound Dog Tour (August 9 and 10) - tour leaves from BB Kings
- Elvis Night at the Redbirds (August 9) – AutoZone Park
- The Ultimate ETA Contest (August 11, 12, and 14) – Graceland Elvis Week Main Stage
- The Graceland Trivia Tour (August 12) – Graceland
- The Guest House at Graceland Groundbreaking (August 14) -
- Elvis A Capella Shows (August 14, 15, and 16) - Graceland Elvis Week Main Stage
Be sure to also check out:
Visit Sun Studios (where Elvis got his big break), Levitt Shell (where he played his first concert), and Lauderdale Courts (where he lived as a teen).
You will also want to check out other Memphis Music so make time for the Rock 'n' Soul Museum and the Stax Musuem, too !
Rounding out Elvis Week 2015 is a Candlelight Vigil, which you won't want to miss. The Vigil is considered to be the centerpiece of Elvis Week, and all visitors and locals should do it at least once in their life. It is a somber, candlelit walk past Elvis' grave at Graceland on the day of the King's death (August 16th). Elvis Presley Blvd. is closed, and many people set up elaborate roadside shrines.