Monday, February 13, 2017

Chloe Bennet Joins The Movement To Ban Comedian Steve Harvey

If you recall, earlier this month we reported on media outlet, 804 Street Media's growing petition to have Comedian Steve Harvey removed from Premiere Radio Networks. This petition is a direct response to Harvey's growing racial insults against Asian men as well as recent meetings that have taken place between Harvey and polarizing POTUS Donald J. Trump. Now the petition has taken even more root as word comes that Marvel's Agents of SHIELD star Chloe Bennet has joined the movement. Here's what she had to say:
Chloe Bennet Says, "Fu-- You Steve Harvey" - Sign The Petition The 24-year-old actress blasts the two stars in a lengthy letter. Read below: Dear Gigi Hadid (and Steve Harvey), As a kid, (and frankly as an adult) people would make fun of me for being Chinese. For having "Asian eyes". I would laugh it off because it was always a "joke", and if I didn't I was being "too sensitive". But in reality it made me feel horrible. Like, just BEING ME was a joke that was not meant to be taken seriously. I was embarrassed of who I was. I dyed my hair blonde to make myself look less Asian just so I could feel "worthy" of the people who made me feel less than. Fortunately, now I know that none of this is true. That my value does not come from how I LOOK, but from my CHARACTER. From how I treat others. I know I am not alone in feeling these things. It hurts my heart to see someone like you, a beautiful young woman with so much influence, act in this inconsiderate way. This does not make you a bad person or racist, however, it does make you ignorant to the pain that your actions can cause others. No matter how unintentional those actions are. And, even if it was just "a joke". So...to the young Asian men and women who are used to laughing off others ignorance, even though deep down you are hurting. I HEAR YOU. You are badass. You are awesome. Who you are is not "funny". YOU determine your self worth. Be proud of who you are. 👊🏽💥--Also, I'm also sorry for how many run on sentences there are in this letter. Love, Chloe P.S. While I'm at it, Asian men are super sexy. So with all due respect fuck you Steve Harvey. In case you're wondering, that last little bit directed at Steve Harvey was in response to some disparaging comments he made about Asian men and black and white women not wanting to date them. It also appears, that a certain professor at Howard University also has a problem with Steve Harvey's sellout move. He said: “I look up from work to see w/ & . is a natural Coon Magnet. Ignore. Stay focused.” Greg Carr is Associate Professor of Africana Studies and Chair of the Department of Afro-American Studies at Howard University and Adjunct Faculty at the Howard School of Law. Last time we checked, Steve Harvey was broadcasting from Cayman Islands and Ben Carson was no where to be found. "Where is the work on 'Inner City' Issues...." This petition is for Chloe. Eddie. Takei. Greg. Tony Rock. and EVERYONE offended-betrayed by Steve Harvey. Anything that praises Trump is poison. Boycott Steve Harvey until further notice. 👊💥 Sign the petition HERE.